Friday 28 August 2015

Up and running again

Got the new laptop, and managed to get the WIFI up and running, so we are in business.  Woohoo!

I've been thinking about my mom today.  And how I am close to the age she was when she passed away.   At the time I thought she was so old.  That her life was about over.  What did she have left to accomplish anyway.  But looking at it now, I wonder what dreams she had that she wasn't able to fulfill.  Because I know now that life is not over; that I still have lots of things I want to do.  Books to write.  Paintings to create.  Places to explore.  I'm not done yet, not for a long time...hopefully.

WHAT I'M READING FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL READERS:
2426371Elissa's Odyssey, by Erica Verillo.  Book 2 in the Phoenix Rising Trilogy.  It was good.  Not as good as the first book.  I think I was expecting more, as the first book really hooked me.  I think I love the whole talking to animals thing, really was hoping for much more.  Still a good read, the story really moves along.  Off to find the next book in the series.  Love the artwork on the front cover.


23208482The Rabbit ate my homework, By Rachel Elizabeth Cole.  This is a fast paced book, that really moves along.  I learned a lot of things about rabbits I never knew.  But the main character in the story is unknown.  I have no idea what grade he is in, how tall he is, what color hair he has.  I know one thing for sure, I will never get a rabbit.   Get your child to read this book if they are pestering you for a pet.  Sounds very labour intensive.  Little housewreckers.




No comments:

Post a Comment